Saturday, January 24, 2009

A wonderful surprise



Earlier this week, Anne answered the phone on a particularly trying morning (Gwen no-sleepie from about 4:30 on) to find that her close friends Mary and Traci had just dropped the kiddos off at preschool (aside from dear little Alli) and were looking for a visit. Considering that her closest neighbors are roughly 8 miles away, the lady of the house didn't have to think much when it came to saying yes and, furthermore, eagerly looking at the driveway for the next 20 minutes while anticipating their arrival. It was also a very good time to make the contraband chocolate muffins that had gone from essential to "Only for Very Special Events Needing that Extra Burst of Sugary Goodness" due to our aforementioned health kick (it's going...)

Many of you are familiar with our UBC group (Underground Book Club) of which we are all members. The truth is, many a female will find herself cranky, worn-down and uninspired (and her husband/families do too) and then return from the blessed monthly event a new, revived person who might crack a smile BEFORE her morning coffee. So this was like cheating with TWO bookclub type events in one month! Mary might joke about a particular potential hostess scheduling hair appts each week about the same time as their preschool time frame...but, seriously, Anne can't wait for the next "invasion."
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. So much fun! Alli talked about "baby" later in the day, so I'm sure she's up for another visit. I am too especially if you make more of those muffins... I think I need the recipe...although we may have to go for a walk when the weather's nicer. They could sabotage all my hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmhmmmm....we'll see, my friend, we'll see...

    Thanks for hosting two women who didn't know where to go for their free time! Let's get together and make Valentines next week, shall we? Gather your lace and Victoria magazines....I'll bring pretty papers and colored pencils, Traci can bring cinnamon rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! I'm all for it (and definitely the cinnamon rolls)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually going to make you two my guinea pigs for peach scones... I haven't found a recipe that is perfect, so I may have to combine a couple... Are you up for the challenge?

    ReplyDelete