Thursday, July 10, 2008

Doctors and Babies (Although we are ONLY having one, HONEST!)

Today was my "Welcome to the 3rd Trimester" doctor appointment, with just under 3 months until Mini-Miller shows up to meet us. Since there are a few concerned mothers out there (including those in time zones across the pond), I'll recap but without the crazy details (yes, mothers like details but for the sake of other readers, I'll recount those via phone if need be)!

The babe is still officially a "Low Rider", which means that it took forever for me to show much and for now all of the, ahem, expansion project is still occurring right around the pelvic bones. There definitely have been days that I would happily trade pants sizes up in exchange for A) not having to constantly run for the restroom and B) being able to sit down comfortably.

The past couple weeks have been made slightly more exciting with some unplanned previews of contractions. Especially when it happens 2 days before you are supposed to go to Boston for business, then on to Idaho! For the most part, things are back to normal with only one or two every couple of days but I am having to be careful (as in no going on more crop tours, no hefting 5 gallon water jugs out to the car, no wandering around in the baking hot sun, no logging - you know, the basics! ).

So, long story short - the doc has decided he wants to see me every 3 weeks now for a full exam and we have another ultrasound with the next visit too (July 29th). I also have the routine gestational diabetes test at that point too (pray for me, I like my candy bars!!!!) Since I have endometriosis as well as the low babe, we figure that the more I come in - the better. Which is fine by me as long as I have dates with the husband as often (or hopefully more often) than my delivery doc!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dear Anne! Please take care of you and Mini Miller. Hanging out in bed all day isn't all its cracked up to be. Lay off the heavy lifting for awhile, will ya? ;-) Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, Anne. Pregnancy is one of those few times in your life where people want you to be lazy and will actually wait on you. Why do you think I was crazy enough to do it twice? :)

    Glad to hear things are going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete