Monday, August 10, 2009

Love Letters Home - Trip Update

Dear Papa,
Mama and I arrived safety to the ranch in Idaho after a lot of traveling. First we drove from Jordan to Bozeman for a retirement party and stayed with our friends Mark and KC. Mark played with me on the floor and built me towers of blocks and KC fed me my first chocolate cereal. I didn't get as much as I wanted though.

Next, we drove to the State BBQ competition south of Missoula so Mama could work. We picked up my new friend Manda on the way and she helped take care of me this weekend. I figured out how to drink from a straw! And they gave me a sip or two of huckleberry shake...but again I didn't get as much as I wanted. I also tried my first lemon slice after stealing it from Mom's lemonade. It was good!

Mama's friends that are pork producers from the Hutterite colonies played with me whenever they had time at the BBQ event. We served 500 pounds of pork loin samples in a day and a half. Mama says that if she doesn't eat or smell BBQ for a few weeks, it will be okay.

After we drove from Stevensville to Lewiston, we met up with more new friends from when Mama lived with a bunch of girls on Spotswood Street in college. They were fun and I flirted a lot with Tiff's kid Nate...he's pretty nice but he didn't share his ice cream with me.

I get to stay with my grandparents and crazy Uncle Phil for the next few days here in Lewiston while Mama goes to Wyoming for more meetings. Last night I had a bath on the utility room counter with 5 people helping! It was fun and I splashed everyone as much as possible. This morning I listened to my grandad's BTO CD and showed people how I dance.

I miss you very, very much and can't wait to be hugged by you....

Love,
Gwennie

PS - We are having trouble putting up photos but will try again later this afternoon!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you Gwennie. I have been thinking about you and your mom! I'm glad you made it safely and that you maybe picked up some good BBQ tips for me... maybe a rub recipe or something? I've been missing you both! Tell your mom to have fun in Wyoming and we can't wait until you're back to have a CUPS get together!
    Love you both!
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwennie we are so so glad you and mom are doing well. We really miss you! I can't believe all the new things you are learning. Hopefully you won't be walking before you get home. Tell all the family hello and have grandma Sally give you kisses for me.
    Have fun with family while mom is in Wyoming...mom and dad can degrandmatizing you when you get home!
    Let me know when you get together for CUPS...I will provide a Chocolate Coconut Pound Cake!

    ReplyDelete