Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dear Papa

Dear Papa,
Mom says you are in Bozeman busy learning this week at meetings, so I thought I would tell you about my day after you left. First, I played like crazy with that Farmer's Tractor toy that my friends Ben and Ali gave me. Then it was on to climbing the rolling island in the kitchen. Did you know that I could use the squash in the basket underneath as a stepstool? Mom didn't either. But I didn't break anything and hurried to sort pans and baby bottles to help her. Next we cleaned in my room. I didn't think anything was wrong with it but a lot got put into drawers. I rearranged my shoe drawer and found the neatest legging thingies. Which I wore on my head....for the next hour... until someone took them away from me and tried to trade for a whisk instead. Not a good trade. You two drink a lot of tea! I found some bags you forgot about in the back of the cabinet but I couldn't get them open. So I shook them a lot instead. For lunch, we had the rest of the antelope roast with carrots and potatoes. They were sure good. I also napped a long time this morning, so Mom could get her work done and then play with me more. We loaded laundry and had pork chops and noodles for dinner. I played in the bath a long time but then Mom tried to take my bandaid off from the shots. She sang and made a lot of noise so I wouldn't notice, but I did....a lot. After she got done hugging me and apologizing, we made a nice sippy cup of milk. I got into bed in my jammies and missed playing with you a lot. You are much nicer with bandaids and I love your stories. Mom says you will be home soon, so I am trying really really hard to be good. I'm even organizing some of your favorite drawers for when you come back. And I'm hiding one of each of the pairs of socks in the hamper so that you have an excuse to buy more on your trip.

I love you Papa and Mom does too,
Gwennie

3 comments:

  1. Miss Gwennie,
    It sounds like you are a very busy girl while Papa is away! You will have to be EXTRA good to Mom while Papa is in Bozeman learning more for his work.
    Be sure to take nice long naps so Mom can work and rest lots too.
    Papa will be home soon.
    You can always come visit Grandma Pohney at Papa's office. I bet we can find Mr. Hedgehog!
    Love,
    Grandma Pohney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwennie (and Mom)

    Guess busy just runs in the family!! Hope you are just as willing to tidy your bedroom in a few years! Great photos, too, Mom. Just LOVE the updates!!
    Hugs to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gwennie,

    Tell your mama that baby oil takes bandaids off with no pain! And take it easy on her - it's not easy being the mom.

    Love,
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete